Posted: Sep 16, 2015
MILWAUKEE - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team fell 9-0 in its non-conference match against Augustana (Ill.) Wednesday night at Warrior Soccer Field.
- Final Score: Augustana 9, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (0-5-1), Augustana (5-1-0)
- Location: Warrior Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 55
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Augustana dominated the game scoring four goals in the first half and five in the second on its way to the 9-0 win.
- The Vikings tallied 50 shots in the match, including 34 shots on goal.
- Rachel Sebald (Menomonee Falls, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) recorded a game-high 19 saves for WLC.
- Alexandria Serra notched a hat trick and an assist and Kelly Farell had two goals and an assist for the Vikings.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Sebald led the Warriors in saves with 19 for a career high. Alyssa Summers (Kiel, Wis./Kiel) added six saves in 25 minutes of action.
- Serra had a hat trick with three goals for the Vikings on a game-high seven shots. Farell tallied two goals on five shots.
- This was the first-ever meeting between Augustana and Wisconsin Lutheran.
- The Vikings are receiving votes in the latest NSCAA Top 25 Poll and are one spot shy of cracking the Top 25.
- The Warriors open Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference play Saturday when they travel to Mequon to take on Concordia Wisconsin (3-1-2) at 3:30 p.m. The Falcons defeated No. 11 UW-Whitewater 5-1 on Wednesday.