Posted: Sep 13, 2015
MILWAUKEE - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team fell 1-0 in its non-conference match against Blackburn Sunday afternoon at Warrior Soccer Field.
- Final Score: Blackburn 1, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (0-4-1), Blackburn (3-3-0)
- Location: Warrior Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 58
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Beavers scored late in the first half for the only goal of the game when Adriana Darow found the back of the net directly off of a corner kick by Meghan Sykora in the 42nd minute.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Rachel Sebald (Menomonee Falls, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) had six saves for the Warriors playing all 90:00 minutes in the net.
- The Warriors out-shot the Beavers 18-12 including an 11-7 shot on goal advantage.
- Helen Joyce (De Pere, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) and Mady Hirsch (Jefferson, Wis./Luther Preparatory) led the Warriors with three shots on goal. Joyce led all players with five shots.
- Despite out-shooting Blackburn 10-3 in the first half, the Beavers managed to find the back of the net for the lone goal of the match.
- Sykora paced the Beavers' attack with four shots.
- Both teams had chances to score off penalty kicks in the contest, but both shots were off the mark.
- The Warriors continue their homestand Wednesday at 5:30 p.m. at Warrior Soccer Field when they host Augustana (Ill.) (4-1-0). The Vikings shutout Webster 4-0 on Sunday afternoon in St. Louis, Mo.