Posted: Sep 12, 2015
MILWAUKEE - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team fell 5-1 in its non-conference match against Ripon College Saturday afternoon at Warrior Soccer Field.
- Final Score: Ripon 5, Wisconsin Lutheran 1
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (0-3-1), Ripon (3-1-1)
- Location: Warrior Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 78
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Red Hawks opened the game with a goal in the second minute when Alyssa Kennedy found the back of the net off of a saved deflection. The goal was assisted by Morgan Johnson.
- In the sixth, Ripon again found the back of the net when Kennedy scored off of another saved deflection as Johnson assisted again on the play.
- The Red Hawks' last goal of the first half came in the 21st when Paige Birschbach fired a shot from just outside of the box into the upper right corner.
- The Warriors got on the board in the 24th when Helen Joyce (De Pere, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) found the back of the next for the second time this season off the assist by Olivia Scheiber (Watertown, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran).
- The Red Hawks scored twice in the second half in the 80th and 81st both off of the foot of Birschbach for her second and third goal of the game.
- RC out-shot the Warriors 33-8 in the match, including a 17-5 shot on goal margin.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Rachel Sebald (Menomonee Falls, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) led the Warriors in saves recording five in the first half and seven in the second playing all 90:00 minutes in the net.
- Joyce scored the lone goal for the Warriors for her second score of the year.
- Belle Flucas (Waconia, Minn./Mayer Lutheran) led the Warriors with three shots, including two on goal.
- Joyce, Meredith Wilson (Neenah, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran), and Brooke Harty (South Milwaukee, Wis./South Milwaukee), were all credited with a shot on goal for WLC.
- Birschbach scored three of Ripon's five goals and now leads her team in goals (9), points (15), shots (33), and shots on goal (22).
- The Warriors are in a stretch where they are playing five of their next six games at home. WLC hosts Blackburn tomorrow at 12 p.m. at Warrior Soccer Field. The Beavers (2-3-0) defeated Mount Mary 6-0 on Saturday afternoon.