LAKE FOREST, Ill. - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team fell 9-0 in its season-opening non-conference match against 14th-ranked Lake Forest Tuesday afternoon at Farwell Field. The Foresters, who went 21-1-0 last season, have been picked to repeat as champions of the Midwest Conference.
- Final Score: Lake Forest 9, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (0-1-0), Lake Forest (1-0-0)
- Location: Farwell Field, Lake Forest, Ill. | Attendance: 133
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Lake Forest controlled the game with 38 shots, including 22 on goal.
- Rachel Sebald (Menomonee Falls, Wis.) recorded eight saves in the first half for WLC.
- The Foresters scored three goals in the first half and added six more in the second half on their way to a 9-0 win.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Sebald led the Warriors in saves as she recorded eight in 59 minutes of action.
- Belle Flucas (Waconia, Minn./Mayer Lutheran) was credited with a shot for WLC.
- Holly Lesperance let the Foresters with two goals.
- LFC's Michelle Greeneway led all players with six shots, including a goal and two assists.
- The Warriors host Bethany Lutheran (1-0-0) Friday at 5 p.m. at Warrior Soccer Field in their home opener.