MILWAUKEE – Olivia Scheiber (Watertown, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) provided all of the scoring with two goals and Abby Himm (Grand Blanc, Mich./Homeschooled) dished out both assists in the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team's 2-0 shutout of Lakeland Wednesday night at Warrior Soccer Field.
WHERE THEY STAND
- The Warriors improved to 5-11-2 with a 2-6-0 record in the NACC while the Muskies slipped to 2-14-1 and 0-8-0 in NACC play.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Scheiber scored the game-winning goal in the sixth minute off of Himm's assist.
- The freshman added her second tally in the 29th minute for her fourth goal of the season, tying Himm for the team lead. Scheiber has scored three goals in the Warriors' last two contests.
- Himm increased her team-leading assist total to five for the season.
- Lakeland's Stephanie Rock was shown a red card in the 77th minute as the Muskies played short-handed for the final 13 minutes.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Warriors dominated the shot count 26-5, including a 19-2 advantage in shots on goal. Himm attempted a match-high five shots for WLC.
- Rachel Sebald (Menomonee Falls, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) made two saves for her second shutout of the season. Ali Thompson stopped 17 shots for Lakeland.
- The Warriors wrap up their home season when they host first-place Aurora (13-3-1, 9-0-0 NACC) Saturday at 1 p.m. WLC's class of five seniors will be honored on Senior Day.