RIVER FOREST, Ill. - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team fell into a 3-0 hole after just 22 minutes as the host Dominican Stars defeated the Warriors 4-0 Wednesday afternoon in a NACC match at West Campus Field.
WHERE THEY STAND
- With this loss, the Warriors sit with an overall record of 3-9-2 and 0-4-0 in NACC play. Dominican improved to 7-5-0 overall and 4-2-0 in conference play.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Stars struck early in the 10th minute, when Kelli Iovino found herself one-on-one with the goalkeeper and slotted it home from close range, scoring for the eighth time on the season.
- Nine minutes later, in the 19th minute, Kelly Gerwitz found a patch of space from just seven yards out and netted her fifth of the year for a 2-0 DU lead.
- Just three minutes later, Taylor Adler found her second goal this season after a give-and-go at the top of box.
- The final goal of the match came late in the 86th minute when Alyssa Messina connected with a cross from the top of the box.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Dominican outshot Wisconsin Lutheran 23-4. Each of the Warriors' four shots came from a different player. DU's Iovino led all players in the match with eight shots.
- The Stars took 10 corner kicks to WLC's two.
- Rachel Sebald (Menomonee Falls, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) recorded 10 saves in the contest.
- Wisconsin Lutheran travels to Alverno (1-8-1, 0-3-0 NACC) for a conference matchup Saturday at 2 p.m. Live stats and video will be available at wlcsports.com.