MILWAUKEE - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team trailed just 1-0 at halftime, but visiting MSOE broke the game open with three second-half goals on its way to defeating the Warriors 4-0 Saturday afternoon at Warrior Soccer Field.
WHERE THEY STAND
- The Warriors suffered their third straight loss to fall to 3-8-2 overall and 0-3-0 in the NACC. MSOE improved to 6-4-1 and 2-1-0 in league play.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Raiders netted the lone goal of the first half in the 10th minute when Caitlin Liddiard notched her sixth goal of the season off an assist from Maria Schumacher. The score stood at 1-0 through halftime.
- Liddiard's second strike of the game came in the 50th minute, benefited by an assist from Sara Travia.
- MSOE's final two tallies came less than three minutes apart over the last 10 minutes of regulation. Adriana Garsow and Travia, from Alex Klonis, accounted for the final two goals of the game.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- WLC was outshot by MSOE 29-5 and 17-2 in shots on target. Abby Himm (Grand Blanc, Mich./Homeschooled) led the Warriors with three shots, while Travia attempted a match-best 10 shots for the Raiders.
- Rachel Sebald (Menomonee Falls, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) made 13 saves, her second-highest total of the season.
- The Warriors were shutout for the third straight game and the sixth time in their last seven games.
- Wisconsin Lutheran plays the first of three straight road games Wednesday afternoon at Dominican (6-5-0, 3-2-0 NACC). Live stats and video will be avaialble for the 4 p.m. match at wlcsports.com.