MILWAUKEE - Marian scored three times in the first half and Brittany Syms recorded a hat trick to send the visiting Sabres past the host Warriors 4-0 in Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference play Tuesday night at Warrior Soccer Field.
WHERE THEY STAND
- The Warriors fell to 3-7-2 overall and 0-2-0 in the NACC, while the Sabres improved to 4-6-0 and 2-2-0 in conference play.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Syms put the Sabres on the scoreboard in the 18th minute after knocking in a rebound from a Rachel Sebald (Menomonee Falls, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) deflected save that was first fired from MU's Maisie Floyd.
- Floyd made it 2-0 just over three minutes later when she headed in a corner kick from Laura Maly.
- Syms' second goal came in the 38th minute after she split through the defense and drilled a shot from 12 yards out.
- The second half score stood at 3-0 until the 73rd minute when Syms reached a hat trick with her shot into the upper 90 from 14 yards away that was assisted by Mikaila Johnson.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Sabres outshot the Warriors 29-7 and 15-4 in shots on goal
- Meredith Wilson (Neenah, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) led WLC with three shots. Johnson and Syms tied a match-high with six shots apiece for Marian.
- Sebald made 11 saves for the Warriors, while her counterpart, Alysha Kallas, had four saves to earn the team's first shutout of the year.
- Marian has not allowed a goal in the last seven meetings with the Warriors.
- WLC hosts cross-town NACC foe MSOE (5-4-1, 1-1-0 NACC) Saturday at 1 p.m. at Warrior Soccer Field. The game will be the first of a doubleheader with the men's teams.