MILWAUKEE - Rachel Sebald (Menomonee Falls, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) recorded five saves and Brooke Harty (South Milwaukee, Wis./South Milwaukee), Mandy Schnell (Milwaukee, Wis./Martin Luther), and Katie Bentz (Cambridge, Minn./St. Croix Lutheran) each found the back of the net in the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team's 3-0 victory over Maranatha Tuesday night at Warrior Soccer Field.
WHERE THEY STAND
- The Warriors improved to 3-5-2 while the Sabercats fell to 1-6-1.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Harty opened up the scoring with a goal from the middle of the box in the 17th minute for her second tally of the season.
- Schnell ripped a volley off of a rebound from just outside the edge of the box in the 35th minute for her first goal of the season to extend the lead to 2-0.
- Bentz blasted in a shot from the top-left side of the box in the 80th minute for her first goal of the campaign.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- WLC recorded its first shutout of the season behind Sebald's five saves.
- The Warriors outshot the Sabercats 13-8.
- Harty and Abby Himm (Grand Blanc, Mich./Homeschooled) each attempted a team-high three shots for WLC. Harmony Lorch tried a game-high four shots for Maranatha.
- Michala Marino corralled three saves for the Sabercats.
- Wisconsin Lutheran hosts St. Norbert (2-4-0) in its final non-conference match of the season Saturday at 1 p.m. at Warrior Soccer Field.