LISLE, Ill. - Benedictine's Allison Lambert scored the only goal of the contest in the 15th minute to send the host Eagles past the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team 1-0 Saturday afternoon in the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference opener at The Sports Complex.
WHERE THEY STAND
- The Warriors fell to 2-5-2 and 0-1-0 in NACC play while the Eagles improved to 2-6-1 with a 1-0-0 mark in the NACC.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Eagles scored the only goal of the match in the 15th minute off of a corner kick that was headed home by Lambert off of an assist from Danielle Melotte.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Benedictine held a 12-11 edge in the shot count overall, but WLC outshot the Eagles 8-6 in the second half.
- Abby Himm (Grand Blanc, Mich./Homeschooled) attempted a match-high five shots including four on goal for the Warriors.
- Rachel Sebald (Menomonee Falls, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) netted five saves in the contest.
- Maddie Frye stopped all eight shots she faced for her second straight shutout.
Wisconsin Lutheran hosts Maranatha (1-5-1) in a non-conference contest next Tuesday night at 7 p.m. at Warrior Soccer Field.