WAUKESHA, Wis. - Carroll's Carly Oboikovitz broke a scoreless tie in the 77th minute to send the host Pioneers past the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team 1-0 Wednesday night in non-conference action at Schneider Stadium.
WHERE THEY STAND
- The Warriors fell to 2-4-2 after dropping their fourth straight match. The win was the first of the season for the Pioneers as they improved to 1-4-0.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Pioneers punched in the only score of the match with just under 14 minutes left to play in regulation when Oboikovitz slipped a shot past Warriors goalkeeper Rachel Sebald (Menomonee Falls, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) off an assist from Victoria Rivera.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Carroll outshot WLC 21-1 for the match, including 18-1 in shots on target.
- Meredith Wilson (Neenah, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) was credited with the Warriors' only shot in the contest, which came in the opening stanza.
- Sebald made a season-high 16 saves in the match to bring her to 51 for the season, which ranks second in the NACC.
- CU's Hannah Copeland registered a match-high five shots, with three being on goal.
- The Pioneers have won all three of their matchups against the Warriors since 2003.
- Wisconsin Lutheran opens Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference play Saturday afternoon against Benedictine (1-6-1) at 12 p.m. in Lisle, Ill. Live stats and video will be available for the match at wlcsports.com.