RIPON, Wis. - Ripon's Paige Birschbach recorded a hat trick and assisted on two other scores as the Red Hawks defeated the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team 6-0 Sunday afternoon in non-conference action at Prairie Field.
WHERE THEY STAND
- The Warriors suffered their third straight defeat and fell to 2-3-2 overall. The Red Hawks improved to 4-2-0 after the non-conference victory.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Ripon took a 1-0 lead in the 13th minute on Birschbach's first goal of the day and fourth of the season, assisted by Rachel Bautzmann.
- Kaylee Tadych made it 2-0 in the 22nd minute off passes from Mikayla Huesman and Birschbach.
- Danielle Senger (33') and Birschbach (45') gave the Red Hawks a 4-0 lead at halftime on assists from Birschbach and Alyssa Kennedy.
- RC's final two tallies in the second half came from Birschbach (47') and Morgan Johnson (70'). Isabella Kohl, Tadych, and Kyla Roberts provided assists on the two scoring plays for the hosts.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Red Hawks outshot the Warriors, 33-3.
- Meredith Wilson (Neenah, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran), Mandy Schnell (Milwaukee, Wis./Greendale Martin Luther), and Abby Himm (Grand Blanc, Mich./Homeschooled) provided the shots for WLC.
- Rachel Sebald (Menomonee Falls, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) made seven stops in the game for the Warriors.
- Birschbach led all players with nine shots in the match.
- Ripon's Sidney Blodgett stopped all three WLC shots that were on target.
- Wisconsin Lutheran plays another Midwest Conference opponent in Carroll (0-4-0) Wednesday at 7 p.m. in Waukesha. Live stats and video will be provided for the game at wlcsports.com.