MILWAUKEE - North Park's Emma Lundeen notched a hat trick to help the Vikings top the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team 4-1 in a non-conference clash Saturday afternoon at Warrior Soccer Field.
WHERE THEY STAND
- The Warriors have lost two straight matches to slide to 2-2-2. The Vikings improved to 2-4-0.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Lundeen opened the scoring in the 12th minute off of an assist from Hailey Rodgers.
- Just over two minutes later, Elisabeth Heidenstrom deposited her third goal of the season, unassisted.
- Thirty-six seconds after that goal, Lundeen found the back of the net for the second time, with Rodgers again providing the assist.
- Lundeen completed the hat trick in the 52nd minute, assisted by Heidenstrom. Lundeen doubled her goal total to a team-leading six on the season.
- Stephaney Scott (Slinger, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran) struck for an unassisted goal in the 71st minute for the Warriors' lone tally.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Warriors were outshot 14-9, including an 11-3 disparity in shots on goal.
- Lundeen and Heidenstrom led the Vikings with four shots apiece.
- Meredith Wilson (Neenah, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran), Mandy Schnell (Milwaukee, Wis./Martin Luther), and Scott each attempted two shots for the Warriors.
- Rachel Sebald (Menomonee Falls, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) corralled seven saves for WLC.
- The Warriors will have seven days off before traveling to Ripon (3-2-0) for a non-conference match next Saturday at 3:30 p.m.