MILWAUKEE - Lake Forest's Michelle Greeneway scored two of her team's four goals as the Foresters defeated the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team 4-0 Thursday night at Warrior Soccer Field.
WHERE THEY STAND
- The Warriors' record stands at 2-1-2 after their first loss of the season. Lake Forest remains unbeaten at 5-0-0 after the non-conference match.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Lake Forest jumped on the board early in the 2nd minute on a goal scored by Holly Lesperance that was assisted by Nina Perkkio.
- Michelle Greeneway scored in the 24th minute on an assist by Katelyn Hronek that saw the Foresters take a 2-0 lead into the half.
- Kyle Chavarria added a tally in the 61st minute that was assisted by Greeneway and Michele Giurovici.
- Greeneway capped the scoring in the 66th minute with an assist from Kayla Wuest.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Warriors were outshot 21-7 overall, including 14-4 in the second half.
- Abby Himm (Grand Blanc, Mich./Homeschooled) had a team high three shots on goal for the Warriors.
- Michelle Greeneway netted two tallies to bring her to a team-leading eight goals on the season.
- Rachel Sebald (Menomonee Falls, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) saved a season-high eight shots on 12 attempts. Caroline Kirsch recorded four stops for the Foresters.
- The Warriors host North Park (1-4-0) Saturday afternoon at 1 p.m. at Warrior Soccer Field.