MANKATO, Minn. - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team scored a pair of first-half goals en route to a 2-1 non-conference victory over Bethany Lutheran Sunday at BLC Soccer Field.
WHERE THEY STAND
- The Warriors moved to 2-0-2 overall, while the Vikings fell to 1-2.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Olivia Scheiber (Watertown, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) finished left-footed off of an assist from Mandy Schnell (Milwaukee, Wis./Martin Luther) in the 38th minute to hand the Warriors a 1-0 lead.
- Sam Bulzone (Melbourne, Fla./Viera) lofted a shot over the goalkeeper from 30 feet away just under three minutes later, with Schnell providing her second assist.
- Asia Owens scored unassisted in the 79th minute to put Bethany Lutheran on the board.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- WLC outshot Bethany Lutheran 17-6, including a 12-3 advantage in shots on goal.
- Schnell led the Warriors with four shot attempts, including two shots on target.
- Rachel Sebald (Menomonee Falls, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) made two saves for WLC. Averi Cash stopped 10 shots for the Vikings.
- The Warriors host Lake Forest (4-0) Thursday night at 7 p.m. at Warrior Field.