ST. BONIFACIUS, Minn. - Abby Himm (Grand Blanc, Mich./Homeschooled) scored two goals and tied a school record with 16 shot attempts, but a Storm score in the final minute sent the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team to a double overtime draw with Crown Friday night at KleinBank Stadium.
WHERE THEY STAND
- The Warriors' record now stands at 1-0-2 after their second double overtime draw in three games this season. The Storm evened their record across the board to 1-1-1.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Crown jumped in front 1-0 in the eighth minute after Megan Wright scored on a breakaway that was assisted by Samantha Samsa.
- The Warriors stared at the 1-0 deficit until the 31st minute when Himm drilled a shot past the keeper from 17 yards out.
- Himm tied the game just 42 seconds later when she put another shot over the keeper off a pass from Olivia Scheiber (Watertown, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran).
- WLC appeared to be on its way to a win until the Storm's Terrin Boozikee tied the game at 2-2 with just 39 seconds left in regulation.
- Both teams played through two 10-minute overtime frames as the contest ended in a 2-2 draw.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Wisconsin Lutheran dictated the tempo the entire game as it out-shot Crown 40-9.
- Himm tied a school record with 16 shots, including 10 on goal.
- Heather Nielsen (Wildwood, Fla./Villages) added seven shots.
- Rachel Sebald (Menomonee Falls, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) made four saves while facing nine shots.
- Hillary Brondsema preserved the tie for Crown as she made an impressive 16 saves.
- The Warriors look to remain out of the loss column Sunday when they face Bethany Lutheran (1-1-0) at 12 p.m. in Mankato, Minn.