MILWAUKEE - Meredith Wilson (Neenah, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) scored the first two goals of her career to propel the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team to a 3-1 win over Martin Luther in Sunday's home opener at Warrior Soccer Field.
WHERE THEY STAND
- The Warriors improved to 1-0-1 and the Knights fell to 0-1 after the non-conference match.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Abby Himm (Grand Blanc, Mich./Homeschooled) netted her first career goal, unassisted in the sixth minute to hand WLC the early lead.
- Himm assisted on Wilson's first goal in the 38th minute.
- Just 2:28 passed before Abigail Koelpin scored unassisted for Martin Luther to trim the Warriors' lead to 2-1 going into the half.
- Wilson's unassisted goal in the 55th minute capped the scoring.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- WLC dominated the shot count 27-7, including a 19-3 advantage in shots on goal.
- Himm attempted a team-high nine shots, including seven shots on goal, and Heather Nielsen (Wildwood, Fla./Villages) toook five shots for the Warriors.
- Keely Keese kept MLC in the game with 16 saves. Rachel Sebald (Menomonee Falls, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) hauled in two saves for WLC.
- Wisconsin Lutheran plays at Crown (1-1) next Friday at 7:15 p.m.