Sep 30, 2019
RACINE, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's golf team finished eighth at the 2019 NACC Women's Golf Championship. The three-round tournament took place Saturday through Monday at Meadowbrook Country Club.
- Tournament: 2019 NACC Women's Golf Championship
- Location: Meadowbrook Country Club, Racine, Wis.
- Course Info: Par 73, 5,914 yards
- WLC Team: 8th of 9 (+455)
- Top WLC Individual: Addie Slominsky (+64), 15th of 41
- Slominsky (Appleton, Wis.), a sophomore, improved her scores throughout the three rounds of the tournament, posting rounds of 99-93-91 for a total of 283 (+64). Her final round 91 marked a career low.
- Junior Alyssa Leitzke (Jackson, Wis.) carded a three-round 329 (108-113-108), good for 26th place. Her two rounds of 108 were her second lowest of the season.
- Freshman Miranda Noon (Menomonee Falls, Wis.) finished just two strokes behind her teammate posting round scores of 121-104-106. Noon's second-round 104 was good for a season best.
- Junior Maddie Richio (Racine, Wis.) rounded out the scoring for the Warriors, carding round scores of 121-136-131 for a 388.
- Sophomore Isabella Scheibl (Kiel, Wis.) posted an individual round score of 139 in the second round.
- WLC improved its total from round two by 10 strokes on day three.
- Aurora claimed its second straight NACC title after topping the nine-team field with a score of 1,054 (+178) to finish 27 shots in front of second-place St. Norbert.
- Lakeland's Ali Wilson took home medalist honors with a 257 (83-87-87) to win the tournament by one shot.
- The Warriors return to action for the final time in the fall season when they host the WLC Triangular Friday at New Berlin Hills Golf Course. Tee time is scheduled for 11:00 a.m.