FOND DU LAC, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's golf team carded its lowest round of the season by 24 shots en route to a sixth-place finish at the Marian Invite Saturday at Whispering Springs Golf Club. Three players carded career low rounds for the Warriors on the day.
- Tournament: Marian Invite
- Location: Whispering Springs Golf Club, Fond du Lac, Wis.
- Course Info: Par 72, 5,505 Yards
- WLC Team: 6th of 7 (+125)
- Top WLC Individual: Alyssa Leitzke (Jackson, Wis.)/Addie Slominsky (Appleton, Wis.) (+28), T-23rd of 38
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Both Leitzke and Slominsky tied for 23rd overall with identical rounds of 100 to lead the Warriors. Leitzke improved her career-best round by 14 strokes, while Slominsky lowered her season-best total by three shots.
- Ashley Fritz (Middleton, Wis.) finished right behind her two teammates with a 101, besting her previous low round of the season by 10 strokes.
- Brianna LeFebre (Oconto Falls, Wis.) rounded out the Warriors' lineup with a 112.
- Wisconsin Lutheran's 413 was 24 shots better than its previous low round of the season.
FOR THE FOES
- Lake Forest won the seven-team event with a team total of 337, 16 strokes better than runner-up UW-Stevens Point. The Foresters' Cece Cruz topped the 38-player field with an 82 (+10).
- Wisconsin Lutheran hosts its own triangular with Lakeland and Mount Mary next Saturday at New Berlin Hills Golf Course. Tee time is scheduled for 1:30 p.m.