BRISTOL, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's golf team opened its 2018 fall season Friday and Saturday at the Carthage Shootout on the Border. The Warriors finished 17th at the season-opening event.
- Tournament: Carthage Shootout on the Border
- Location: Bristol Oak Golf Club, Bristol, Wis.
- Course Info: Par 72, 5,836 Yards
- WLC Team: 17th of 17 (+324)
- Top WLC Individual: Addie Slominsky (+65), T-75th of 94
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Addie Slominsky (Appleton, Wis.) posted the Warriors top score over the two-round tournament, carding a 209 (106-103) in her collegiate debut.
- Brianna LeFebre (Oconto Falls, Wis.) fired a first round 105 and finished with a 217 for Wisconsin Lutheran's second-lowest score.
- Ashley Fritz (Middleton, Wis.) was six shots behind LeFebre with a 223 and Alyssa Leitzke (Jackson, Wis.) rounded out the scoring with a 251.
FOR THE FOES
- Host Carthage topped the 17-team field with a two-round 649 (332-317) to win the tournament by three shots over runner-up St. Mary's (Ind.). Hunter Kehoe of St. Mary's (Ind.) earned medalist honors with a 155 (81-74) to win the 94-player field by two strokes.
- Wisconsin Lutheran returns to the links next Friday for the Mount Mary Triangular at Currie Park Golf Course in Wauwatosa. Tee time is scheduled for 1:00 p.m.