MADISON, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's golf team recorded a 16th-place finish at the UW-Whitewater Fall Classic Friday and Saturday at Blackhawk Country Club. The Warriors were led by Ellyn Mortell (Troy, Ohio), who finished tied for 34th, shooting 39 over-par for the tournament.
- Tournament: UW-Whitewater Fall Classic
- Location: Blackhawk Country Club, Madison, Wis.
- Course Info: Par 72, 5,807 Yards
- WLC Team: 16th of 17 (+335)
- Top WLC Individual: Ellyn Mortell (+39), T-34th
INSIDE THE SCORECARD
- Mortell led the Warriors for the fifth straight event with an opening-round 94, and scored a second-round 89 to finish with a two-day total of 183.
- Brianna LeFebre (Oconto Falls, Wis.) shot an opening-round 120 and a 118 on the second day to finish with a 238.
- Caroline Kuether (Crete, Ill.) shot a 118 Friday and a 126 Saturday to finish the tournament with a final card of 244.
- Sydney Osborn (Pardeeville, Wis.) shot a 125 on the first day of competition before shooting a 121 in round two to finish at 246.
- T-34. Ellyn Mortell, 183 (+39)
- 89. Brianna LeFebre, 238 (+94)
- 92. Caroline Kuether, 244 (+100)
- 93. Sydney Osborn, 246 (+102)
FOR THE FOES
- Host UW-Whitewater topped the 17-team tournament field with a two-day total of 640 to win the title by 45 strokes over runner-up Wheaton.
- UWW's Ashley Hofmeister carded a 151 (77-74) to earn medalist honors in the field of 96 players.
- The Warriors will compete in the NACC Championship next weekend. The three-round fall season-ending tournament begins Friday at Meadowbrook Country Club in Racine.