KANSASVILLE, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - Junior Ellyn Mortell (Eden Prairie, Minn./St. Croix Lutheran) shot a three-round 252 to repeat as Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Player of the Year and lead the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's golf team to a sixth-place finish at the 2016 NACC Championship over the weekend. Senior Jordan Fenney (Erin, Wis./Hartford) was also named to the All-NACC team for the third time after placing eighth at the championship.
- Tournament: 2016 NACC Championship
- Location: Brighton Dale Links, Kansasville, Wis.
- Course Info: Par 72, 5,840 Yards
- WLC Team: 6th of 8 (+427)
- Top WLC Individual: Ellyn Mortell (+36), 1st of 36
INSIDE THE SCORECARD
- Mortell held the lead after each round of the championship to earn medalist honors for the second straight season. Mortell's 252 (80-88-84) edged Aurora's Jennifer Feliciano by two strokes. It was the 12th career win for Mortell, who also won last year's conference championship by two shots.
- Fenney earned All-NACC honors with her eighth-place showing after a score of 270 (93-90-87). Fenney's third-round 87 was her second-lowest round of the season.
- Brianna LeFebre (Oconto Falls, Wis./Oconto Falls) improved by three strokes each round to shoot a 345. LeFebre's final day 112 was also good for her second-best round of the fall.
- Caroline Kuether (Crete, Ill./Illinois Lutheran) improved by eight strokes on the final day of play, shooting an overall 424.
- Sydney Osborn (Pardeeville, Wis./Pardeeville) ended her tournament with a 150 for a three-day 460. Her opening-round 143 was also the second-lowest of the year.
- Aurora led after each day and scored an event-best 350 in the third and final round to win its third straight title. The Spartans were led by Feliciano's second-place finish and a sixth-place showing from Victoria Phipps.