KENOSHA, Wis. – With a team score of 414, the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's golf team finished fourth at the Carthage Spring Invitational at Kenosha Country Club on Tuesday afternoon. Ellyn Mortell (Eden Prairie, Minn./St. Croix Lutheran) led the Warriors finishing sixth with a score of 89 (+17).
- Tournament: Carthage Spring Invitational
- Location: Kenosha Country Club, Kenosha, Wis.
- Course Info: Par 72, 5800 Yards,
- WLC Team: 4th of 4 (+126)
- Top WLC Individual: Ellyn Mortell (+17), 6th of 21
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Mortell fired an 89 to lead the Warriors for sixth place at the invitational. She finished just six strokes off the lead.
- Jordan Fenney (Erin, Wis./Hartford) tied for 14th with a 99.
- Karisa Pedersen (Bonduel, Wis./Bonduel) was 18th with a 111 in just her second collegiate event.
- Ashley Miller (Cedarburg, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran) shot a 115 to complete the scoring for the Warriors.
- Host Carthage won the event with a combined team score of 343. The Lady Reds' Sarah Lyman earned medalist honors with her round of 83.
- 6. Ellyn Mortell, 89 (+17)
- T-14. Jordan Fenney, 99 (+27)
- 18. Karisa Pedersen, 111 (+39)
- 20. Ashley Miller, 115 (+43)
- The event marked the final of the spring season for the Warriors.