BRISTOL, Wis. – Wisconsin Lutheran College sophomore women's golfer Ellyn Mortell (Eden Prairie, Minn./St. Croix Lutheran) earned medalist honors and was named NACC Player of the Year after firing a tournament-low 80 in the final round of the NACC Championship that concluded Sunday at Bristol Oaks Golf Club. Teammate Jorden Fenney (Erin, Wis./Hartford) was also named to the All-NACC Team.
- Tournament: NACC Championship
- Location: Bristol Oaks Golf Club, Bristol, Wis.
- Course Info: 5836 Yards, Par 72
- WLC Team: 5th of 8 (+299)
- Top WLC Individual: Ellyn Mortell (+34), 1st of 36
INSIDE THE SCORECARD
- Mortell becomes the first player in Warriors women's golf history to win the NACC Player of the Year award. She finished the three-round, 54-hole tournament with a 250 (88-82-80), improving on her score each round. The sophomore edged runner-up and two-time champion Nina Puch of Concordia Wisconsin by two strokes. This is Mortell's second-straight All-NACC selection.
- Fenney was named to the All-NACC Team for the second time in her career after placing ninth with a three-round total of 282 (99-91-92).
- Ashley Miller (Cedarburg, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran) and Rachael Wendt (Seymour, Wis./Seymour) turned in scores of 315 and 316, respectively.
- WLC combined for a team score of 1163 to finish fifth out of eight teams, just four strokes back of fourth-place Marian.
- Wisconsin Lutheran's second-round 371 was the second-lowest of the day on Saturday.
- Aurora won the NACC title for the second straight season with a score of 1091.
- Benedictine's Kelly Barker finished third and was named NACC Freshman of the Year, and Aurora's Justin Wyeth received Coach of the Year honors.
- 1. Ellyn Mortell, 250 (+34)
- 9. Jordan Fenney, 282 (+66)
- 28. Ashley Miller, 315 (+99)
- T-29. Rachael Wendt, 316 (+100)