Posted: Nov 30, 2019
MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's basketball team fell behind early to visiting Concordia Wisconsin and was unable to recover, falling 53-41 Saturday afternoon in NACC play inside the Recreation Complex.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 53, Wisconsin Lutheran 41
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (3-3, 1-1 NACC), Concordia Wisconsin (1-3, 1-1 NACC)
- Location: Recreation Complex, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Concordia Wisconsin started quickly, scoring first and using an 8-0 run to take an early 11-2 lead. The Falcons added a couple more buckets before the end of the quarter and held a 12-point lead at 19-7 after one period.
- The Falcons scored the first five points of the second quarter, extending their lead to 26-9 with under six minutes to play in the half. Sophomore Morgan Tramburg (Fall River, Wis.) hit a jumper from the corner and scored on a breakaway steal to cut into CUW's lead.
- Junior Amanda Brug (Sturtevant, Wis.) converted a baseline jumper and finished at the rim with 0:20 seconds remaining as the Warriors entered halftime trailing 33-17.
- Wisconsin Lutheran started the third quarter with a couple makes down low by Brug, and sophomore Jenna Mace (Wisconsin Dells, Wis.) hit a shot from beyond the arc. The Falcons kept pace, and maintained a 19-point advantage with just over a minute to play.
- Tramburg converted a three-point play in the Warriors final possession to close out the third quarter trailing 45-29.
- Wisconsin Lutheran closed the gap to just 10 points midway through the fourth quarter. Senior Tierney Woodward (Poynette, Wis.) hit a three-pointer and senior Kelly Tramburg (Fall River, Wis.) made a pair of free throws and a layup to force a Falcons timeout with the score reading 47-37 with 5:20 remaining.
- The Warriors were unable to get any closer though, as the Falcons closed the game with a three-pointer and some free throws to win 53-41.
- Morgan Tramburg and Brug led the Warriors in scoring, finishing with 11 and 10 points respectively. WLC shot 26.8 percent (15-of-56) from the floor.
- Kelly Tramburg finished with a team-high nine rebounds and three assists.
- The Warriors defense forced 15 turnovers and six steals, scoring 11 points off those turnovers.
- The loss snapped WLC's six-game winning streak over CUW.
- Kaitlyn Foster paced the Falcons with 14 points, while Camryn Szolyga added 10 as Concordia Wisconsin shot 37.7 percent (20-of-53) from the floor and 31.6 percent (6-of-19) from three.
- Clara Chambers finished with a game-high 12 rebounds, while Szolyga and Emily Hafemann led the Falcons with three assists.
- The Warriors return to action Tuesday night when they travel to Concordia Chicago (1-3, 1-1 NACC) for a NACC matchup. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. Live stats and video will be available for the game at WLCSports.com.