MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) – Jen Dowden (Bonduel, Wis.) recorded 22 points and Coreana Carson (Milwaukee, Wis.) added 18 for the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's basketball team en route to a 67-49 conference victory against Dominican Saturday afternoon inside the Recreation Complex for the Warriors' fourth straight victory.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 67, Dominican 49
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (4-1, 2-0 NACC), Dominican (3-3, 0-2 NACC)
- Location: Recreation Complex, Milwaukee, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Stars connected on their first field goal of the game to take the 3-0 lead, but Carson tied the game early with a three of her own.
- The first quarter went back-and-forth until WLC closed the period on a 5-0 run to claim a 14-10 lead after the first 10 minutes of play.
- The Green and White used a 7-0 run to take a 21-13 lead with seven minutes remaining in the first half.
- After a Carson three-pointer and coast-to-coast layup, the Warriors held their biggest lead in the first half at 12, 27-15.
- Wisconsin Lutheran held a halftime lead of 33-24. The Warriors shot 63.6 percent from the field in the second quarter.
- The Stars cut the WLC lead to just five at 36-31 with 7:01 left in the third quarter.
- Both teams struggled to find a rhythm offensively as neither team scored for over four minutes.
- Dominican broke the scoring drought after pair of free throws from Rhetta Bates to trim the lead to three with 2:36 on the clock.
- Carson drilled another three to push the Warriors' lead to double-digits with 0:31 seconds left in the third.
- Dowden and Carson combined for 12 of the 13 WLC points in the quarter.
- The Stars cut the hosts' lead to six points with just under eight minutes left in regulation.
- WLC's defense held the Stars to just two points over the final 5:02.
- The Warriors saw their lead grow to as many as 18 points with 0:27 seconds remaining.
- WLC held the Stars to just 18.8 percent shooting in the final quarter.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Dowden, who tied her season-high and recorded her third straight 20-point game, led the way with 22 points and nine rebounds.
- Carson stuffed the stat sheet with 18 points, seven rebounds, and five assists.
- Caitlin Knueppel (Wauwatosa, Wis.) also reached double-digits with 10 points and six rebounds.
- The Warriors shot 43.3 percent and controlled the paint, doubling up DU, 32-16.
- Wisconsin Lutheran's defense held the Stars to just 28.3 percent shooting from the floor and forced 14 turnovers which they converted into 19 points.
- The Warriors improved to an impressive 29-0 all-time vs. the Stars.
FOR THE FOES
- Alisha Markley led the Stars with 16 points and eight rebounds.
- Alexis Hoskins added 11 points.
- DU forced 14 turnovers in the contest.
- The Warriors resume NACC play Tuesday when they host defending NACC Tournament champion, Lakeland (4-2, 1-1 NACC) at 7:00 p.m. WLC and the Muskies split last year's series with each team winning on their home court. Live stats and video will be available for the game at WLCSports.com.