MADISON, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - Wisconsin Lutheran College made a season-high 13 three-pointers and 13 players reached the scoring column as the Warriors improved to 7-0 in the NACC after an 85-49 win over Edgewood on Tuesday night at the Todd Wehr Edgedome.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 85, Edgewood 49
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (7-4, 7-0 NACC), Edgewood (0-11, 0-6 NACC)
- Location: Todd Wehr Edgedome, Madison, Wis. | Attendance: 122
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors surged out to a 10-2 lead nearly midway through the first quarter and built a 12-point lead before closing the opening period in front 19-9.
- Wisconsin Lutheran used a 12-0 run in the second quarter to lead by a first-half best 29 points (44-15) with less than two minutes left before halftime. WLC carried a 48-21 lead into halftime after shooting 53.3 percent (16-for-30) in the first half, including 43.8 percent (7-for-16) from three-point range.
- Caitlin Knueppel (Wauwatosa, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) scored 17 first-half points to pace the Warriors.
- WLC scored the first 16 points of the third quarter to open up a commanding 64-21 lead with 5:43 remaining in the quarter. The Green and White also netted the final eight points of the period for a 73-29 lead through three periods.
- The Warriors rested their starters for much of the second half, as every player who dressed saw action in the contest. WLC netted 12 points in the final frame en route to the 85-49 victory.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Knueppel scored 22 points to lead three players in double-figures for WLC. Jen Dowden (Bonduel, Wis./Bonduel) and Tierney Woodward (Poynette, Wis./Poynette) added 12 points apiece, as no Warriors starter played more than 21 minutes in the game.
- Maddy Elrod (Conifer, Colo./Conifer) grabbed a game-high eight rebounds and Knueppel dished out five assists.
- The Warriors shot 45.3 percent (29-for-64) for the game and reached the 85-point plateau for the third time in their last six games.
- WLC out-rebounded Edgewood 45-29 and out-scored the hosts 27-7 in points off turnovers and 32-9 in bench points.
- Wisconsin Lutheran made a season-high 13 three-pointers and shot a season-best 41.9 percent (13-for-31) from long distance, with Knueppel and Woodward each draining four. WLC tied season-highs for points (85) and blocks (seven), while committing a season-low 10 turnovers.
- The Warriors won their 11th straight over the Eagles.
- Allison Gordon scored a team-high 16 points for the Eagles, who shot 36.7 percent (18-for-49) for the game.
- The Warriors host Benedictine (10-1, 6-0 NACC) on Saturday in a battle of the only two remaining NACC unbeatens at 2:00 p.m. at the Recreation Complex. The Eagles won their seventh straight tonight after topping Dominican, 60-49. Links to live stats and video will be available at WLCSports.com.