MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) – Four players scored in double figures for the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's basketball team, which concluded its five-game homestand with its third straight conference win, as the Warriors defeated Rockford 81-53 on Saturday afternoon at the Recreation Complex.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 81, Rockford 53
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (3-2, 3-0 NACC), Rockford (2-3, 0-1 NACC)
- Location: Recreation Complex, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 176
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Regents hung around in the first quarter as they only trailed 14-13 after the first 10 minutes of action. Rockford benefited from five Warriors turnovers and WLC's 29.4 percent shooting percentage.
- WLC broke the game open in the second quarter with a 15-2 run to start the quarter. The Warriors defense held RU to 25 percent shooting, while the offense recovered to shoot 50 percent from the field. WLC carried a 37-23 lead into halftime.
- Wisconsin Lutheran rattled off 19 straight points after the Regents scored the first bucket of the second half, holding the Regents without a point for over five minutes. The hosts led by a game-high 31 points (56-25) at the 4:50 mark and held a 26-point lead heading into the fourth quarter.
- The Warriors never saw their lead drop below 24 points in the final quarter, as they led by as many as 30.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Caitlin Knueppel (Wauwatosa, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) led the Warriors 17 points, nine assists, and eight rebounds.
- Jen Dowden (Bonduel, Wis./Bonduel) and Maddy Elrod (Conifer, Colo./Conifer) each recorded double-doubles, as Dowden had 16 points and 12 rebounds and Elrod added 12 points and 10 boards.
- Kelly Tramburg (Fall River, Wis./Fall River) added 11 points off the bench for WLC.
- All 17 players who dreseed for the Warriors saw action in the game.
- The Warriors shot 40.6 percent (28-for-69) for the game, while the Regents finished at 32.8 percent (19-for-58).
- WLC dominated the boards, 54-35, and converted 19 Regents turnovers into 21 points. WLC's bench contributed 24 points to the winning cause.
- Mallorie Getzelman led all scorers with 20 points for the Regents, and Tajanae Key added a double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds.
- The Warriors, who extended their winning streak to 16 games over the Regents, started 3-0 in conference play for the second straight season.
- The Warriors will play their first road game of the season next Wednesday, traveling to Fond du Lac for a 7:00 p.m. matchup with Marian (1-4, 0-2 NACC). The Sabres fell to Benedictine on Saturday, 67-49. A link to live stats will be available for the game at WLCSports.com.