MILWAUKEE – Taylor Bahr (Racine, Wis./Shoreland Lutheran) posted career highs of 31 points and 15 rebounds and three players reached double-figures as the second-seeded Wisconsin Lutheran College women's basketball team defeated sixth-seeded Benedictine 70-52 Thursday in a NACC Tournament Semifinal game at the Recreation Complex.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 70, Benedictine 52
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (19-7), Benedictine (16-11)
- Location: Recreation Complex, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 280
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Neither team could gain much separation in the first quarter as there were three ties and three lead changes. Benedictine led 16-14 at the end of the first period.
- Bahr's three-pointer gave WLC a four-point advantage at 22-18 early in the second quarter.
- Wisconsin Lutheran ended the first half on an 11-4 run to lead 33-24 at halftime. Bahr led WLC at the half with 17 points.
- The Warriors out-shot BenU 44.0 percent (11-for-25) to 28.1 percent (9-for-32) in the first half.
- The Eagles started the second half on a 10-4 run to cut the lead to 38-34 midway through the third quarter.
- The Warriors responded with a 9-2 run of their own to lead 47-36 with 2:01 remaining in the third. WLC led 49-38 at the end of three quarters of play.
- Wisconsin Lutheran extended its lead to 61-47 midway through the fourth quarter and led by as many as 18 with 1:29 left.
- WLC hit its free throws down the stretch and was victorious 70-52.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Bahr paced all scorers with 31 points and 15 rebounds, both career highs. Jen Dowden (Bonduel, Wis./Bonduel) scored 12 points and Caitlin Knueppel (Wauwatosa, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) chipped in 10.
- The Warriors finished the contest shooting 44 percent (22-for-50) compared to the Eagles' 34.5 percent (20-for-58).
- BenU out-rebounded WLC 39-34, including 18-8 on the offensive glass.
- Wisconsin Lutheran scored 17 points off 17 Eagles turnovers.
- WLC improved to 22-3 all-time in NACC Tournament games and will make its sixth straight appearance in the NACC Tournament Final.
- Nicole Botich scored 12 points and hauled in a team-high eight rebounds for Benedictine, the only scorer in double-figures for the Eagles.
- Wisconsin Lutheran hosts fourth-seeded Aurora (17-10) Saturday at 2 p.m. as the two teams battle in the NACC Tournament Final for a NCAA Tournament berth. Links to live stats and video will be available at WLCSports.com. Aurora defeated top-seeded Concordia Wisconsin tonight, 66-63. The Warriors split the season series with the Spartans, with each winning on their home court.