MILWAUKEE – Caitlin Knueppel (Wauwatosa, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) scored 14 points to lead three players in double-figures as the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's basketball team defeated Dominican 75-41 on Senior Day Saturday at the Recreation Complex. With the win, the Warriors secured the second overall seed and a first round bye in the NACC Tournament.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 75, Dominican 41
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (18-7, 16-4 NACC), Dominican (3-22, 2-18 NACC)
- Location: Recreation Complex, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 220
HOW IT HAPPENED
- WLC started out of the gate quickly, running out to a 7-0 lead as Dominican never led in the contest.
- Wisconsin Lutheran led 23-12 after one quarter of play.
- Dominican pulled within 10 at 26-16 with 8:07 remaining in the second. A 15-4 run to end the first half put the Warriors in front 41-19 at halftime.
- In the opening 20 minutes of play, the Warriors shot 47.2 percent (17-for-36) from the field, compared to Dominican's 33.3 percent (9-for-27). Knueppel led the Warriors with eight points at the half.
- WLC out-scored the Stars 20-10 in the third quarter as the lead never dipped below 24 points.
- The Warriors built their lead up to a game-high 37 points at 64-37 with 2:14 to play in the final frame.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Knueppel led the Warriors with a game-high 14 points in the contest. Karisa Pedersen (Bonduel, Wis./Bonduel) added 12 and Jen Dowden (Bonduel, Wis./Bonduel) contributed 10 and seven rebounds.
- Holly Holm (East Troy, Wis./Shoreland Lutheran) chipped in eight points off the bench for WLC.
- Taylor Bahr (Racine, Wis./Shoreland Lutheran) grabbed a team-high 10 rebounds.
- WLC used 18 Dominican turnovers to score 18 points. Wisconsin Lutheran out-rebounded DU 45-38, including 19 offensive rebounds which led to 19 second-chance points.
- Jasmyn Hardin scored 12 points to lead the Stars to go along with 12 rebounds.
- The Warriors improved their all-time record against the Stars to a perfect 26-0.
- As the No. 2 seed, the Warriors receive a first round bye in the NACC Tournament and will play in the second round on Thursday at 7 p.m. against either the third or sixth seed at the Recreation Complex. Live stats and video will be available at WLCSports.com.