RIVER FOREST, Ill. – Jen Dowden (Bonduel, Wis./Bonduel) scored a game-high 23 points to lead the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's basketball team to an 81-57 victory over Concordia Chicago on Saturday afternoon at Geiseman Gymnasium. Coupled with the win and a Concordia Wisconsin loss, the Warriors moved back into a tie for first place in the NACC.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 81, Concordia Chicago 57
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (17-6, 15-3 NACC), Concordia Chicago (9-14, 7-11 NACC)
- Location: Geiseman Gymnasium, River Forest, Ill. | Attendance: 180
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors ran out to an 18-4 lead as Concordia Chicago never led in the contest.
- Wisconsin Lutheran led 20-12 at the end of the first period.
- Karisa Pedersen (Bonduel, Wis./Bonduel) scored the first eight points of the second quarter for the Warriors. WLC out-scored the Cougars 26-6 in the quarter and led at the half 46-18.
- Concordia Chicago out-scored the Warriors in the second half 39-35 but the Warriors' lead never dipped below 22 points.
- Wisconsin Lutheran had its largest lead of the contest of 33 points with 6:26 remaining, and went on to win by a final score of 81-57.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Dowden led the Warriors with a game-high 23 points on 10-for-14 shooting. Pedersen chipped in 17 points, going 5-for-9 from beyond the arc.
- Holly Holm (East Troy, Wis./Shoreland Lutheran) pulled down a game-high six rebounds. WLC out-rebounded CUC 40-24.
- Maddy Elrod (Conifer, Colo./Conifer) added six points off the bench.
- The Warriors shot 54.0 percent (27-for-50) from the floor, while the Cougars went for 33.9 percent (21-for-62).
- Wisconsin Lutheran went 19-for-20 from the free-throw line, the third time this year shooting over 95 percent from the foul line.
- WLC improves to 19-2 all-time against the Cougars.
- Morgan Jahnke paced Concordia Chicago with 12 points and Courtney Lofink added 10.
- The Warriors move back into a tie for first place in the NACC with two games remaining in the regular season.
- WLC returns to the Recreation Complex on Tuesday when it hosts Lakeland (12-10, 11-6 NACC) for a 7 p.m. tip. The Muskies defeated MSOE on Wednesday night, 64-60. In the first matchup of the season back on December 19 in Sheboygan, WLC defeated Lakeland 55-46. Links to live audio, stats, and video will be available for the game at WLCSports.com.