MILWAUKEE - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's basketball team shot just 17.3 percent as visiting Concordia Wisconsin snapped the Warriors' 45-game home conference winning streak with a 52-23 win over WLC on Wednesday night at the Recreation Complex.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 52, Wisconsin Lutheran 23
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (10-4, 8-1 NACC), Concordia Wisconsin (10-3, 7-2 NACC)
- Location: Recreation Complex, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 176
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Both teams got off to a cold shooting start. Taylor Bahr (Racine, Wis./Shoreland Lutheran) got the Warriors on the board first with a layup at the 7:49 mark in the opening quarter, but that turned out to be the only lead for WLC in the game.
- WLC didn't score for the final 5:32 of the quarter and trailed CUW 9-4 at the end of the first period.
- Bahr kept the Warriors in the contest during the second quarter, but the lid never came off the basket as CUW built its lead to 18-11 going into the halftime break. Bahr scored nine points in the first 20:00 minutes of play.
- CUW busted the game open in the third quarter, out-scoring WLC 22-4 in the frame. The Falcons shot 9-for-17 from the floor and didn't allow the Warriors to get on the board until 2:10 remaining in the quarter.
- The Warriors were held under double-digits in each quarter, as they scored eight in the final frame.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Bahr led the Warriors with 13 points and 10 rebounds for a double-double. Jen Dowden (Bonduel, Wis./Bonduel) added eight points and seven rebounds.
- Concordia's defense proved to be the difference, holding WLC to 17.3 percent (9-for-52) shooting. CUW shot 33.3 percent (20-for-60) in the contest.
- The Falcons bested the Warriors in points off turnovers (16-7), points in the paint (32-16), and bench points (20-2).
- Madelyn Landgraf paced CUW with 13 points while Megan Coenen pulled down 11 rebounds.
- This was the Warriors' first home conference loss since February 1, 2012, a 77-62 defeat against Lakeland.
- WLC returns to conference action on Saturday on the road for a 4:15 p.m. matchup with Aurora (6-8, 5-4 NACC). The Spartans are coming off an 88-69 NACC win over Dominican on Wednesday. WLC defeated AU 63-57 in its first meeting of the season on January 2 in Milwaukee. Live stats and video will be available for the game at wlcsports.com.