SHEBOYGAN, Wis. - Karisa Pedersen (Bonduel, Wis./Bonduel) scored a game-high 14 points and Taylor Bahr (Racine, Wis./Shoreland Lutheran) recorded a double-double as the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's basketball team grinded out a 55-46 road win over Lakeland on Saturday afternoon at Woltzen Gymnasium.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 55, Lakeland 46
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (7-3, 5-0 NACC), Lakeland (2-7, 2-3 NACC)
- Location: Woltzen Gymnasium, Sheboygan, Wis. | Attendance: 182
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Both squads started out slow in the first quarter. WLC built a 7-2 lead, but scored just two points in the final 5:30 of the opening 10 minutes and the Muskies came back to knot the score at 9-9 following the first quarter.
- The Warriors clamped down on the Muskies in the second quarter, out-scoring them 12-2 over the final 7:10 of the period to push their halftime lead to 24-12.
- WLC opened up its largest lead of the game in the third quarter of 13 points on three different occasions. LC cut WLC's lead down to eight points, 40-32, at the end of the third quarter.
- Wisconsin Lutheran held a lead of near double-digits for much of the final quarter, as Lakeland came no closer than seven points during the entire period. WLC limited any threat of a Muskies comeback thanks to its 60 percent (6-for-10) shooting in the quarter.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Pedersen paced the Warriors in scoring for the second straight game with 14 points. Bahr reached double-figures for the eighth straight game and pulled down a game- and career-best 12 rebounds. Jen Dowden (Bonduel, Wis./Bonduel) also reached double-digits with 12 points.
- Wynonah Filla (Osseo, Wis./Osseo-Fairchild) notched six rebounds, five points, five assists, and four steals off the bench.
- The Warriors improved their shooting percentage in every quarter and finished the game shooting 40.4 percent (23-for-57). WLC knocked down eight three-pointers in the contest, including four from Pedersen.
- WLC assisted on 18 of its 23 made field goals as Bahr led the way with six.
- Despite turning the ball over three more times than Lakeland, Wisconsin Lutheran out-scored LC 16-7 in points off turnovers.
- The Warriors went to the free throw line a season-low four times, compared to 14 trips for Lakeland.
- The Muskies shot just 32 percent (16-for-50) for the game and were led in scoring by Trista Barron's 13 points. Bailey Grayvold added 10.
- The Warriors have won nine of the last 11 meetings with the Muskies.
- Wisconsin Lutheran carries its perfect NACC mark into the new year when it next hosts Aurora (4-6, 3-2 NACC) on Saturday, January 2 at 4:15 p.m. The Spartans defeated Rockford on Saturday 69-49. Live audio, stats, and video will be available for the game at wlcsports.com.