ROCKFORD, Ill. – Katy Walz (Waukesha, Wis./West) scored a season-high 15 points off the bench to lead three Warriors in double-figures as the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's basketball team defeated Rockford 78-56 Wednesday night at the Seaver Center.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 78, Rockford 56
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (4-1, 2-0 NACC), Rockford (1-4, 0-2 NACC)
- Location: Seaver Center, Rockford, Ill. | Attendance: 84
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Rockford held its largest lead of the game at 6-3 early in the first quarter. It was brief, however, as Wisconsin Lutheran would end the quarter on a 17-5 run to give itself a lead it would never relinquish.
- The Warriors continued the second quarter where it left off the first, going on a 9-2 spurt midway through the period, and led at halftime 33-18. Taylor Bahr (Racine, Wis./Shoreland Lutheran) paced WLC with 12 points in the first half.
- Rockford attempted a comeback in the third quarter, pulling within 10 points of the Warriors at 39-29, but would not get any closer.
- Wisconsin Lutheran had its largest lead of the contest with :21 seconds remaining, and went on to win by a final score of 78-56.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Walz led the Warriors with a season-high 15 points, including three buckets from behind the arc.
- Caitlin Knueppel (Wauwatosa, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) and Bahr also reached double-figures, scoring 14 points apiece.
- The Warriors shot 48.2 percent from the floor, while the Regents went for 43.2 percent.
- Wisconsin Lutheran went 16-for-21 from the free-throw line, the third time this year shooting over 75 percent from the foul line.
- The Warriors converted 30 Regents turnovers into 31 points.
- Amanda Davis paced Rockford with a game-high 18 points off the bench, one of three Regents in double-figures.
- WLC returns to action Friday for the McWilliams Classic as it takes on Simpson (3-3) at 5 p.m. at Washington University in St. Louis. The Storm defeated Grand View on November 28, 84-67. Live stats and video will be available at wlcsports.com.