FOND DU LAC, Wis. – Kristen Schulz (Safford, Ariz./Arizona Lutheran) flirted with another triple-double as she recorded 27 points, 17 rebounds, and nine blocks to lead the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's basketball team to an 82-47 victory over Marian Tuesday night at Sadoff Gymnasium.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 82, Marian 47
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (16-4, 14-2 NACC), Marian (12-9, 8-8 NACC)
- Series: WLC leads the all-time series 40-13. The Warriors have won 14 straight meetings over the Sabres.
- Location: Sadoff Gymnasium, Fond du Lac, Wis. | Attendance: 137
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors started quickly out of the opening tip as they ran out to an 8-0 lead and never trailed in the contest.
- Marian made it as close as 12-6 with 14:39 to play in the first. WLC then used a 15-3 run to take control of the game, 27-9.
- Wisconsin Lutheran out-scored the Sabres the rest of the half 24-10 and led at halftime 51-19.
- WLC held Marian to 13.8 percent shooting (4-for-29) in the first half.
- The Forest Green and White opened the second half on a 10-3 run and led by a game-high 43 points with 8:59 remaining.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Warriors shot 50 percent (28-for-56), while holding the Sabres to just 24.1 percent (14-for-58), the second-lowest opponent field goal percentage of the season.
- Schulz posted her 19th double-double of the year, finishing one block shy of a triple-double for the second straight game.
- Maggie Gartner (Springdale, Ark./Har-Ber) contributed 14 points and nine rebounds.
- Wisconsin Lutheran tied a season-high with 50 rebounds to out-rebound MU 50-28.
- WLC set a season-high in blocked shots with 15. The Warriors also controlled points in the paint 40-12.
- Sarah Olewinski scored 17 points and was the only player in double-figures for the Sabres.
- "We came out focused and ready to play defense. Offensively, we knew we had the advantage inside and we executed. We were prepared for them to double team our posts and our guards knocked down shots from the perimeter." - Assistant Coach Dar Schramm
- Wisconsin Lutheran returns to the REX Saturday at 1 p.m. when it hosts Concordia Chicago (12-9, 9-7 NACC) for Winterfest. Links to live stats and video will be available at wlcsports.com. WLC defeated the Cougars 89-68 in their first meeting of the season January 14 in River Forest, Ill.