MILWAUKEE - Kristen Schulz (Safford, Ariz./Arizona Lutheran) finished one block shy of a triple-double as she recorded 30 points, 17 rebounds, nine blocks, and five assists to lead the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's basketball team to an 86-53 victory over Alverno Saturday night at Reiman Gymnasium.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 86, Alverno 53
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (15-4,13-2 NACC), Alverno (4-15, 2-12 NACC)
- Series: WLC leads the all-time series 20-2. The Warriors have won four straight over the Inferno.
- Location: Reiman Gymnasium, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 161
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors opened up an impressive 13-0 lead just 4:17 into the game following a Caitlin Knueppel (Wauwatosa, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) three-pointer.
- WLC led by a first-half high 20 points at 33-13 at the 7:54 mark and led by 19 points at the halftime break at 45-26.
- Schulz nearly out-scored Alverno alone in the opening half as she poured in 20 points on 9-for-15 shooting.
- Wisconsin Lutheran never had its lead drop below 18 points in the second half. An 11-0 run gave WLC a 31-point lead at 75-44 with 4:12 left.
- The Warriors built their lead up to a game-high 36 points with under a minute remaining.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Warriors shot 53.1 percent (34-for-64), the highest in their last four games. The Inferno went for 35.0 percent (21-for-60).
- Schulz posted her 18th double-double of the year and was just one block shy of her third triple-double. It was the second time that she was one block shy of a triple-double.
- Karisa Pedersen (Bonduel, Wis./Bonduel) reached double-figures for the eighth time this season with 12 points off the bench. Her four made three-pointers marked the fifth time this year that she's made at least that many in a game.
- Knueppel added 11 points on 3-for-6 from downtown. Christel Frey (Milwaukee, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) and Maggie Gartner (Springdale, Ark./Har-Ber) contributed nine points each.
- Gartner also pulled down nine rebounds as the Warriors out-rebounded the Inferno, 43-31.
- WLC connected on 61.1 percent (11-for-18) from downtown, the second-most made from long distance in a game this season.
- Wisconsin Lutheran committed a season-low nine turnovers and out-scored the Inferno 22-4 in points off turnovers.
- The Forest Green and White have scored at least 85 points in a game five times this season.
- Mollie Mikyska scored 16 points to pace the Inferno and Alyssa Mane added 12 points off the bench.
- The Warriors close out their four-game road trip Tuesday with a 7 p.m. bout against Marian (12-8, 8-7 NACC) in Fond du Lac. Links to live stats and video will be available on wlcsports.com. WLC handed the Sabres their first loss of the season 87-83 December 16 at the REX.