MEQUON, Wis. – Kristen Schulz (Safford, Ariz./Arizona Lutheran) tallied 15 points, 17 rebounds, and five blocks but the Warriors were plagued by 22 turnovers as Concordia Wisconsin defeated the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's basketball team 59-50 Wednesday night inside the R. John Buuck Field House.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 59, Wisconsin Lutheran 50
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (14-4, 12-2 NACC), Concordia Wisconsin (14-4, 11-4 NACC)
- Series: WLC leads the all-time series 34-27. The loss snapped the Warriors' 10-game winning streak over the Falcons.
- Location: R. John Buuck Field House, Mequon, Wis. | Attendance: 387
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The beginning of the first half was back and forth before Wisconsin Lutheran opened up a 14-9 lead with 13:33 left in the first.
- Maggie Gartner (Springdale, Ark./Har-Ber) gave WLC its largest lead of the contest, 25-19, at the 7:40 mark. CUW then went on an 11-3 run to take a 30-28 lead.
- Dallas Chladek's (Milwaukee, Wis./Pius XI) lay-up at the buzzer tied the game at the half 30-30. The Warriors shot 52.0 percent in the opening period including 60.0 percent from three-point range.
- The start of the second half was hotly contested as WLC's biggest lead of the half was only four points at 38-34.
- CUW used an 8-2 run to take the lead for good. Wisconsin Lutheran came as close as three points at 48-45 at the 5:09 mark.
- Concordia Wisconsin made six straight free throws to seal the contest 59-50.
- Both teams struggled from the field in the second half as the Warriors shot 36.0 percent, while the Falcons were only 32.3 percent.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Warriors shot 44.0 percent (22-for-50) for the game, compared to just 38.3 percent (23-for-60) for the Falcons.
- Schulz posted her 17th double-double of the year. Christel Frey (Milwaukee, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) was the only other Warrior in double-figures with 13 points.
- WLC was out-rebounded for just the fourth time this season, 35-32.
- Concordia Wisconsin turned 22 Wisconsin Lutheran turnovers into 20 points and led in bench scoring 24-8.
- Madelyn Landgraf poured in a game-high 20 points and Brianna Wagner added 15 off the bench for the Falcons.
- The Warriors' 50-point output was their lowest total of the season.
- The loss snapped Wisconsin Lutheran's 13-game winning streak and 10-game winning streak over Concordia Wisconsin.
- The Warriors continue their road swing against Alverno (4-14, 2-11 NACC) Saturday with a 7 p.m. tip-off. Links to live stats and video will be available at wlcsports.com. WLC defeated the Inferno 85-36 in their first meeting of the season November 29 at the REX.