RIVER FOREST, Ill. - Kristen Schulz (Safford, Ariz./Arizona Lutheran) recorded a game-high 28 points and 20 rebounds to lead four players in double-figures as the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's basketball team defeated Concordia Chicago 89-68 Wednesday night at Geiseman Gymnasium.
WHERE THEY STAND
- The Warriors won their ninth straight game to improve to 10-3 overall and remained atop of the conference standings with an 8-1 record. The Cougars fell to 9-6 overall and 7-5 in the NACC.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Wisconsin Lutheran jumped out to a 13-2 lead and never trailed in the contest. CUC answered with a 9-0 run to pull within two at the 14:04 mark.
- The Warriors then answered back with a 9-2 run to regain control 22-13.
- The Cougars pulled within four points at 25-21 with 10:29 remaining in the first, but didn't come any closer the rest of the way. WLC maintained a 48-32 halftime advantage.
- Wisconsin Lutheran started the second period on an 8-0 run and held Concordia Chicago scoreless for the first six and half minutes.
- The Cougars got as close as 16 points at 67-51 at the 9:13 mark. WLC had its largest lead of 27 points with 3:39 remaining in the game.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Warriors shot a season-high 60.3 percent (35-for-58) for the game, while the Cougars were held to 35.8 percent (24-for-67).
- Wisconsin Lutheran went 10-for-13 from the free throw line for 76.9 percent, its best performance of the year.
- Schulz posted her 12th double-double of the year with 28 points and 20 boards.
- Karisa Pedersen (Bonduel, Wis./Bonduel) had a career-high 18 points and was 6-for-7 from beyond the arc. Maggie Gartner (Springdale, Ark./Har-Ber) and Christel Frey (Milwaukee, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) chipped in 14 and 12 points, respectively.
- WLC out-rebounded CUC 43-25 and dominated points in the paint 50-26.
- It was the fifth time this year that WLC has scored at least 85 points in a game.
- Lauren Orr had 25 points off the bench to lead Concordia Chicago. Two other Cougars scored in double-figures.
- The Warriors return to the Recreation Complex Saturday to face Dominican (1-14, 0-10 NACC) for a 2 p.m. tip-off. Links to live stats and video will be available at wlcsports.com. WLC defeated the Stars 99-42 in their first meeting January 3 at the Igini Sports Forum.