ROCKFORD, Ill. - Wisconsin Lutheran College senior center Kristen Schulz (Safford, Ariz./Arizona Lutheran) came within just two assists of recording a very rare quadruple-double Saturday in the Warriors' 72-56 Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference road win over Rockford at the Seaver Center.
WHERE THEY STAND
- The Warriors evened their overall record to 3-3, while moving to 3-1 in the NACC. The Regents fell to 1-7 overall and 1-4 in conference action.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors jumped out to a quick 7-0 lead less than two minutes into the game and never trailed from the opening tip.
- The Regents came within five points early in the first half, but the Warriors extended their lead to a first-half high 18 points when the buzzer sounded after the first 20 minutes, 47-29.
- Wisconsin Lutheran used a 7-2 spurt to open up the second half and build its largest lead of the game of 23 points at 54-31 with 18:14 remaining.
- Rockford didn't go away easily though as it climbed within 13 points twice under the 5:08 mark.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Warriors out-shot the Regents 45.8 percent (27-for-59) to 30.6 percent (19-for-62).
- Schulz stuffed the stat sheet as she nearly reached an unheard of quadruple-double with 14 points, 21 rebounds, 11 blocks, and eight assists. It was her first career triple-double and ninth straight game with a double-double.
- Schulz's 11 blocked shots set a single-game school record.
- Maggie Gartner (Springdale, Ark./Her-Ber), Christel Frey (Milwaukee, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran), Karisa Pedersen (Bonduel, Wis./Bonduel), and Caitlin Knueppel (Wauwatosa, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) joined Schulz in double-figures with 14, 13, 13, and 10 points, respectively.
- WLC assisted on 22 of its 27 made field goals, and out-rebounded the Regents, 45-37.
- The Warriors scored the only three points over the final 4:16 of the game.
- Callie Rezin was the only Regents player in double-figures with 11 points.
- Wisconsin Lutheran hosts undefeated Marian (7-0, 4-0 NACC) in its final home game of the 2014 calendar year Tuesday at 7 p.m. at the Recreation Complex. Live stats and video of the game will be available at wlcsports.com.