MILWAUKEE - The Wisconsin Lutheran College softball team took on Dominican in a NACC doubleheader Saturday at Neumann Family Field on Senior Day. The Warriors fell by scores of 4-1 and 10-1 in five innings.
- Final Scores: Dominican 4, Wisconsin Lutheran 1; Dominican 10, Wisconsin Lutheran 1 (5 Inn.)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (16-14, 7-9 NACC), Dominican (21-11, 11-5 NACC)
- Location: Neumann Family Field, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 101
GAME 1 HIGHLIGHTS
- Dominican took a 1-0 lead in the third inning and extended its lead to 2-0 in the fifth. The Warriors got on the board in the bottom of the frame after Abby Akright (Dunlap, Ill./Dunlap) doubled to center to score Abby Mahsem (South Milwaukee, Wis./South Milwaukee).
- That would be the only run of the contest for WLC as the Stars scored insurance runs in the sixth and seventh innings to take game one by a score of 4-1.
- Mahsem went 3-for-3 at the plate and scored a run. Akright picked up the lone RBI for the Warriors in the opener and Kaitlyn Robison (Andalusia, Ill./Rockridge) had two hits.
- Taylor Bjork (Horicon, Wis./Horicon) took the loss after pitching 7.0 innings, allowing 12 hits and three earned runs.
GAME 2 HIGHLIGHTS
- Dominican once again grabbed the lead early, plating two runs in the second. WLC responded in the bottom of the inning as Akright knocked an RBI single to right center scoring Mahsem to cut the deficit in half.
- The Stars exploded in the top of the fifth inning, scoring six runs off five hits to defeat the Warriors 10-1 in a five inning contest.
- Robison, Akright, and Mahsem all collected a hit in game two with Akright again notching the only RBI.
- Mahsem was dealt the loss in the circle as she allowed 11 hits and six earned runs in 4.1 innings.
FOR THE FOES
- Five players had two hits each for Dominican in game one. Sydney Kuderna pitched a complete game to earn her 10th win of the season after allowing seven hits and one run.
- Four different players each collected two hits for the Stars in the nightcap. Michelle Behrens tossed a complete game allowing three hits and one run to pick up her fourth win of the year.
- Tomorrow, Wisconsin Lutheran travels to Concordia Chicago (21-10, 9-7 NACC) for a Noon doubleheader at CUC Softball Field. The Cougars swept Alverno on Saturday by scores of 5-3 and 5-1. Live stats will be available at WLCSports.com.