FT. MYERS, Fla. – Cassie Arns (McHenry, Ill./West) hit a triple to left center in the top of the seventh against Eastern Nazarene to record the game-winning RBI as the Wisconsin Lutheran College softball team split a pair of games in Ft. Myers on Thursday. The Warriors dropped game one to Albion 2-0 before defeating the Lions 7-5 at the CentryLink Sports Complex.
- Final Scores: Albion 2, Wisconsin Lutheran 0; Wisconsin Lutheran 7, Eastern Nazarene 5
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (6-2), Albion (5-4), Eastern Nazarene (3-7)
- Location: CentryLink Sports Complex, Ft. Myers, Fla.
GAME 1 HIGHLIGHTS
- Albion scored two runs in the top of the first and that would be all the run support it needed as the Warriors only managed five hits in the contest.
- Arns went 2-for-3 and also took the loss, going 7.0 innings allowing six hits, two runs, and striking out five.
- Taylor Bjork (Horicon, Wis./Horicon), Libby Schellpfeffer (Mayville, Wis./Mayville), and Abby Akright (Dunlap, Ill./Dunlap) all recorded a hit in the contest.
GAME 2 HIGHLIGHTS
- After the game was tied at 5-5 at the end of six innings, Arns tripled to score Kaitlyn Robison (Andalusia, Ill./Rockridge) and later scored on a dropped fly to give WLC a 7-5 lead. Schellpfeffer shut the door with a 1-2-3 inning for her third save of the trip.
- Abby Mahsem (South Milwaukee, Wis./South Milwaukee) earned her first win of her career, going 6.0 innings, allowing one earned run and striking out five.
- Schellpfeffer was 3-for-4 at the plate with a run, an RBI, and also stole home. Bjork knocked home two runs on a single in the fifth inning.
- Robison scored three runs in the game.
FOR THE FOES
- Monica Brugnoni went 2-for-3 with two RBI at the plate for Albion. Brugnoni also earned the win, tossing a complete-game shutout while striking out 10.
- Eastern Nazarene's Lauren Clements was 3-for-4 with a home run and two RBI. Kaitlyn Jimenez went 2-for-4 with two runs scored and an RBI.
- Heidi Gomez took the loss for the Lions, pitching 1.2 innings allowing a hit and an earned run.
- Wisconsin Lutheran wraps up its spring break trip Friday with games against Mass.-Dartmouth (0-0) at 8 a.m. CST and Nazareth (4-4) at 10 a.m. CST.