NAPLES, Fla. – The Wisconsin Lutheran College softball team earned its second sweep in as many days, defeating Bridgewater St. 13-7 in eight innings and Elms 2-0 on Tuesday at North Collier Regional Park. WLC's 5-1 start is the best start through six games in program history.
- Final Scores: Wisconsin Lutheran 13, Bridgewater St. 7 (8 Inn.); Wisconsin Lutheran 2, Elms 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (5-1), Bridgewater St. (2-4), Elms (3-3)
- Location: North Collier Regional Park, Naples, Fla.
GAME 1 HIGHLIGHTS
- The contest was tied at 7-7 after seven innings before the Warriors scored six runs off three hits in the top of the eighth to defeat Bridgewater St. 13-7.
- Taylor Bjork (Horicon, Wis./Horicon) went 4-for-5 with a double, four RBI, and a run scored. Symphony Arguedas (Riverside, Calf./Riverside Poly) was 2-for-4 and also had four RBI.
- Kaitlyn Robison (Andalusia, Ill./Rockridge) stole two bases and scored twice.
- Cassie Arns (McHenry, Ill./West) received a no-decision, pitching 4.0 innings allowing three earned runs. Taylor Emrath (Johnson Creek, Wis./Johnson Creek) pitched 1.2 innings in relief before Libby Schellpfeffer (Mayville, Wis./Mayville) earned her second win of the young season, allowing two hits and one run in 2.1 innings.
GAME 2 HIGHLIGHTS
- Bjork singled through the left side to bring home Robison in the bottom of the first. Rebecca Yniguez (Wildomar, Calif./California Lutheran) also singled through the left side to plate Sam Humphreys (Jackson, Ohio/Jackson) in the fourth and that would be all the run support Wisconsin Lutheran needed to defeat Elms 2-0.
- Robison went 2-for-3 with a walk, a run, and a stolen base. Schellpfeffer doubled and walked in the contest while Yniguez and Bjork picked up an RBI apiece.
- Bjork picked up the first win of her career, pitching 4.2 innings allowing four hits and striking out three. Abby Mahsem (South Milwaukee, Wis./South Milwaukee) recorded her first save of the season, allowing one hit and striking out five in 2.1 innings of relief.
FOR THE FOES
- Kelly McCarthy notched three hits and three RBI for Bridgewater St. Megan Cox picked up a pair of RBI.
- Tera McCann took the loss for the Bears in 3.0 innings of work as she allowed six hits and five earned runs. Bridgewater St. had six errors in the contest.
- Tessa Cote was 2-for-3 as Elms managed just five hits on the afternoon. Cote also pitched 6.0 innings and was dealt the loss after allowing eight hits and two runs.
- The Warriors have off Wednesday before taking on Albion (4-4) at 12 p.m. CST and Eastern Nazarene (2-4) at 2 p.m. CST on Thursday in Ft. Myers, Fla.