VERONA, Wis. – The Wisconsin Lutheran College softball team concluded its 2015 season Sunday afternoon with a NACC road doubleheader against Edgewood at Ceniti Park. The Warriors were swept by the Eagles by scores of 6-0 and 5-2.
- Final Scores: Edgewood 6, Wisconsin Lutheran 0; Edgewood 5, Wisconsin Lutheran 2
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (12-26, 4-17 NACC), Edgewood (17-23, 11-11 NACC)
- Location: Ceniti Park, Verona, Wis. | Attendance: 71
GAME 1 HIGHLIGHTS
- Edgewood opened the scoring in the second inning with two runs on a sacrifice fly and infield single.
- The Eagles' scoring continued in the third with an RBI single from Katie Landon.
- Edgewood scored two more runs in the fourth and one more run in the fifth to extend their lead to 6-0.
- WLC's only real threat in the game came in the first when it put runners on the corners with two outs.
- The Warriors were out-hit in the game, 9-5.
GAME 2 HIGHLIGHTS
- Edgewood got off to another quick start in game two, plating two runs in the first inning on a sacrifice fly and RBI single.
- The Warriors responded with two runs in the third off of RBIs from Brittany Koss (Lake in the Hills, Ill./Huntley) and Tara Degl'Innocenti (Lisle, Ill./Naperville North) to equalize the score at 2-2.
- The Eagles answered with three runs in their half of the third to break the tie and cap the scoring for the rest of the game. A two-RBI double and groundout provided the final runs for EC.
- WLC was out-hit in game two, 10-7.
- Alicia Barbian (Waterford, Wis./Waterford) and Niki Cottini (Plainfield, Ill./North) each went 2-for-3 for the Warriors in the opener.
- Sadie Schmidt (Kenosha, Wis./Tremper) pitched the complete game for the Warriors in game one, allowing six runs on nine hits with a strikeout.
- Alyssa Schulting led Edgewood in game one by going 2-for-3 with two RBIs and a run scored.
- Karlie Klossner did not allow a run on five hits in 7.0 innings in the circle for the Eagles in the first game.
- Schmidt paced the Warriors offense with two hits in game two. Koss and Degl'Innocenti had the two RBIs for the Warriors.
- Libby Larsen (Menasha, Wis./Menasha) took the game two loss for WLC, pitching 6.0 innings, allowing five runs on 10 hits with one strikeout.
- Schulting again had two RBIs in game two to lead Edgewood.
- Rachel DeJongh was the winner for the Eagles in the circle, giving up just two runs on seven hits over 7.0 innings.
- Wisconsin Lutheran finishes its 2015 season 12-26 overall and 4-17 in the NACC. WLC graduates just one player, Dayan Gacgacao (Chicago, Ill./Whitney Young), from its roster.