MILWAUKEE - The Wisconsin Lutheran College softball team took on ninth-ranked North Central (Ill.) in a non-conference doubleheader Thursday at Neumann Family Softball Field in its final home doubleheader and Senior Day. The Warriors fell by scores of 4-0 and 18-0.
- Final Scores: North Central 4, Wisconsin Lutheran 0; North Central 18, Wisconsin Lutheran 0 (5 Inn.)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (12-23), North Central (29-3)
- Location: Neumann Family Softball Field, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 65
GAME 1 HIGHLIGHTS
- The game remained scoreless until the fourth inning when Amanda Walker homered to left to give the Cardinals a 3-0 lead.
- North Central pushed across an insurance run in the seventh to move ahead 4-0.
- WLC managed only three hits in the contest while the Cardinals finished with 11.
GAME 2 HIGHLIGHTS
- Wisconsin Lutheran struggled defensively in game two, committing four errors in the first four innings.
- North Central scored five runs in the first and never looked back, scoring at least two runs each inning.
- The Warriors improved their offensive output, collecting six hits, but the Cardinals amassed the most hits by a Warriors opponent this season with 20.
- In game one, Kaitlyn Robison (Andalusia, Ill./Rockridge), Tara Degl'lnnocenti (Lisle, Ill./Naperville North), and Brittany Koss (Lake in the Hills, Ill./Huntley) each collected a hit for Wisconsin Lutheran.
- Four North Central players had two hits apiece and were led by Walker's three RBIs.
- Andrea Starr pitched all 7.0 innings for the Cardinals and allowed only three hits while striking out 10.
- Sadie Schmidt (Kenosha, Wis./Tremper) was dealt the loss after 7.0 innings and four earned runs.
- In the nightcap, the Warriors were led by Robison's 2-for-2 day at the plate.
- Walker went 5-for-5 and Carly Trenhaile was 4-for-4 to lead the Cardinals to 18 runs on 20 hits.
- Libby Larson (Menasha, Wis./Menasha) took the loss in 5.0 innings while striking out six.
- Sarah Esposito notched the win for NCC allowing six hits over 5.0 innings.
- Thursday marked the final home games for Warriors senior outfielder Dayan Gacgacao (Chicago, Ill./Whitney Young).
- Tomorrow, Wisconsin Lutheran travels to Rockford (6-28, 1-17 NACC) for a 3 p.m. Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference doubleheader at Smith Athletic Field.