WATERTOWN, Wis. - The Wisconsin Lutheran College softball team needed just 10 innings to complete its two-game sweep of Maranatha Friday at Brandt-Quirk Park. The Warriors earned their second shutout victory of the year 8-0 in game one, before controlling game two 10-1.
- Final Scores: Wisconsin Lutheran 8, Maranatha 0; Wisconsin Lutheran 10, Maranatha
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (10-19), Maranatha (1-20)
- Location: Brandt-Quirk Park, Watertown, Wis. | Attendance: 16
GAME 1 HIGHLIGHTS
- Wisconsin Lutheran surged ahead to a 7-0 lead in the first inning. Brittany Koss (Lake in the Hills, Ill./Huntley) contributed two RBIs, while Alicia Barbian (Waterford, Wis./Waterford), Nikki Cottini (Plainfield, Ill./North), and Dayan Gacgacao (Chicago, Ill./Whitney Young) also contributed RBIs in the frame.
- In the third, WLC pushed across its final run on Kaitlyn Robison's (Andalusia, Ill./Rockridge) bunt single that scored Gacgacao.
- The Warriors posted their second shutout of the season after 5.0 innings via to run-rule.
GAME 2 HIGHLIGHTS
- WLC got off to another hot start, scoring eight runs in the second, aided by Maranatha's four errors. Nicole Klipstein (Hartford Wis./Hartford), Gacgacao, and Koss had RBIs in the inning.
- The Sabercats scored their first run in the fourth, before the Warriors capped the scoring with two runs in the top of the fifth with RBIs from Rachel Christian (Sullivan, Wis. /Lake Country Lutheran) and Gacgacao.
- The contest ended via run-rule for the second straight game.
- In game one, Gacgacao and Robison each went 2-for-2. Koss had two runs batted in for the Warriors.
- Wisconsin Lutheran pushed across eight runs on five hits. Maranatha was held to just three hits.
- Sadie Schmidt (Kenosha, Wis./Tremper) picked up her sixth win in the circle as she tossed 5.0 shutout innings.
- Samantha Swiatek was dealt the loss after allowing eight earned runs and five hit batters.
- In the nightcap, Robison and Koss each contributed a hit. Emily Held (Burlington, Wis./Shoreland Lutheran) and Alissa Puder (Sturtevant, Wis./Shoreland Lutheran) crossed home plate twice and Gacgacao accounted for two RBIs.
- The Sabercats managed just three hits and were plagued by five errors.
- Libby Larson (Menasha, Wis./Menasha) moved to 5-6 on the year after allowing only three hits and one run in 5.0 innings.
- Brooke Campbell gave up eight earned runs on two hits in 5.0 innings to suffer the loss for MBU.
- Wisconsin Lutheran is back in action tomorrow for a 12 p.m. NACC doubleheader against Marian (9-21, 3-11 NACC) at Smith Fields in Fond du Lac.