LISLE, Ill. – The Wisconsin Lutheran College softball team traveled to Lisle, Ill., on Saturday afternoon to face the Benedictine Eagles in a NACC doubleheader. The Warriors fell 8-5 in game one, before dropping the second game 10-2 in six innings.
- Final Scores: Benedictine 8, Wisconsin Lutheran 5; Benedictine 10, Wisconsin Lutheran 2 (6 Inn.)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (6-15, 1-9 NACC), Benedictine (19-6, 10-2 NACC)
- Location: The Sports Complex, Lisle, Ill. | Attendance: 259
GAME 1 HIGHLIGHTS
- Both teams plated a pair of runs in the first inning. The Warriors' runs came off of a two-run homerun off the bat of Alicia Barbian (Waterford, Wis./Waterford) with Dayan Gacgacao (Chicago, Ill./Whitney Young) scoring on the play.
- Wisconsin Lutheran continued to pound the ball in the third as Kaitlyn Robison (Andalusia, Ill./Rockridge) doubled to left center with Gacgacao scoring a second time. Barbian singled and on an error she and Robison scored. The Warriors led 5-3 after three frames.
- In the bottom of the fourth, the Eagles scored three runs off a three-run homerun and the hosts added two more in the fifth to overcome their deficit and secure the 8-5 win.
GAME 2 HIGHLIGHTS
- Benedictine dashed out of the gate in the second game opening with a 4-0 lead on five hits after the first and a 6-0 lead through two complete off a homerun and RBI double.
- The Warriors' two runs came in the fifth and sixth as Gacgacao and Stefanie Voight (Brillion, Wis./Brillion) each plated runs on a double and error, respectively.
- BenU scored single runs in the fourth and fifth, and added two in the sixth on three hits for the 10-2 six-inning win.
- Barbian led the way in the opener for the Warriors, going 3-for-3 at the plate with three RBI and two runs scored. Brittany Koss (Lake in the Hills, Ill./Huntley) led the Warriors with a 2-for-3 performance in game two.
- WLC was out-hit 10-7 in the first game and 17-5 in the second.
- Three Eagles recorded two hits apiece in the opener. Kelsey Jefferies drove in three runs.
- Four players had three hits each for BenU in game two, led by Sarah Koch's four RBIs.
- Libby Larsen (Menasha, Wis./Menasha) pitched 7.0 innings between the two games and recorded a strikeout.
- Sadie Schmidt (Kenosha, Wis./Tremper) pitched a total 4.2 innings and recorded three strikeouts.
- Holly Haberkorn and Katie McKay combined for 13 strikeouts over the doubleheader to claim wins in the circle for the Eagles.
- Wisconsin Lutheran will next host Lakeland (8-18, 3-9 NACC) at The Rock Sports Complex in Franklin on Monday at 3 p.m. It will be the first of 12 games next week for the Warriors.