FRANKLIN, Wis. – The Wisconsin Lutheran College softball team suffered a sweep at the hands of the Concordia Chicago Cougars Monday afternoon at The Rock Sports Complex. The Warriors fell 2-1 in game one in eight innings, before dropping the second game 17-7 in five innings.
- Final Scores: Concordia Chicago 2, Wisconsin Lutheran 1 (8 Inn.); Concordia Chicago 17, Wisconsin Lutheran 7 (5 Inn.)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (6-13, 1-7 NACC), Concordia Chicago (6-13, 5-3 NACC
- Location: The Rock Sports Complex, Franklin, Wis. | Attendance: 46
GAME 1 HIGHLIGHTS
- Concordia Chicago jumped out to an early 1-0 lead in the first on Meghan Johnson's RBI single to right.
- Wisconsin Lutheran answered right back as Alicia Barbian (Waterford, Wis./Waterford) scored on a throwing error to knot the game at 1-1.
- Sadie Schmidt (Kenosha Wis./Tremper) got out of a bases loaded jam in the fifth to keep the game tied.
- In the eighth, the Cougars pushed the winning run across the plate when Alicia Salata grounded out to second to score Courtney Pepper.
GAME 2 HIGHLIGHTS
- Concordia Chicago jumped out of the gate quickly again, scoring five runs on six hits in the first.
- The Cougars added another in the second, but the Warriors answered back with four unearned runs to cut the deficit to 6-4. Dayan Gacgacao (Chicago, Ill./Whitney Young) and Barbian totaled three RBIs in the frame.
- In the fourth, CUC exploded for 10 runs off of six hits.
- WLC added three runs in the fifth on RBIs from Stefanie Voight (Brillion, Wis./Brillion), Gacgacao, and Tara Degl'lnnoocenti (Lisle, Ill./Naperville North) before the contest ended via run-rule.
- Brittany Koss (Lake in the Hills, Ill./Huntley) led the way in the opener for the Warriors, going 2-for-4 at the plate. WLC was out-hit 11-6.
- Stefanie De'Anna went 3-for-4 with a run scored to lead the Cougars.
- Libby Larsen (Menasha, Wis./Menasha) took the loss for the Warriors in the circle, allowing one run and three hits over 3.2 innings.
- Johnson improved to 4-3 after she went the full 8.0 innings and surrendered no earned runs off of six hits and recorded six strikeouts.
- WLC had seven different players each record a hit in game two.
- CUC tallied 16 hits, and was led at the plate by Johnson's five RBI performance on 3-for-3 hitting.
- Larsen suffered the loss after allowing 11 runs on 11 hits in 2.2 innings of work.
- Salata worked the first 2.0 innings to pick up the win for Concordia Chicago. She allowed four runs, one earned, on two hits and a strikeout.
- Wisconsin Lutheran travels to Mequon to take on rival Concordia Wisconsin (17-7, 8-0 NACC) Wednesday in a NACC doubleheader starting at 3 p.m. The Warriors will be the home team for both contests.