FOREST PARK, Ill. – The Wisconsin Lutheran College softball team suffered a sweep at the hands of the Dominican Stars Saturday afternoon at Park District Softball Field. The Warriors fell to the Stars 6-3 in game one, before dropping the second game 10-2 in five innings.
- Final Scores: Dominican 6, Wisconsin Lutheran 3; Dominican 10, Wisconsin Lutheran 2 (5 Inn.)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (6-11, 1-5 NACC), Dominican (19-5, 7-1 NACC)
- Location: Park District Softball Field, Forest Park, Ill. | Attendance: 55
GAME 1 HIGHLIGHTS
- Wisconsin Lutheran jumped out to an early 2-0 lead in the first on Tara Degl'Innocenti's (Lisle, Ill./Naperville North) RBI double and Kaitlyn Robison's (Andalusia, Ill./Rockridge) sac bunt and throwing error that plated Degl'Innocenti.
- The Stars knotted the score shortly after in the bottom of the first on a two-run double by Armani Procter. An infield RBI single from DU's Marissa Burns made it 3-2 Stars in the second. Burns' RBI sac bunt in the fourth doubled the Stars' lead to 4-2.
- Procter's single through the right side in the fifth upped Dominican's advantage to 6-2. The Warriors' pushed their final run across the board in the sixth on a Sadie Schmidt (Kenosha, Wis./Tremper) single up the middle the scored Stefanie Voight (Brillion, Wis./Brillion).
- The Stars made the final score 6-3 in the sixth on a Kaitlyn Tripp RBI single to center.
GAME 2 HIGHLIGHTS
- The Stars scored first in the first inning on a Burns sac bunt that plated a runner from third. DU erupted for six runs on seven hits in the second for a 7-0 lead.
- The Warriors got two of those runs back in the third on Degl'Innocenti's sac fly that scored Niki Cottini (Plainfield, Ill./North) and Robison's bases loaded walk.
- Following a Stars' RBI groundout in the third, they added two more in the fifth on back-to-back singles with two outs to end the contest via run-rule.
- Alicia Barbian (Waterford, Wis./Waterford) and Cottini each went 2-for-3 at the plate in the opener for the Warriors. WLC was out-hit just 8-7.
- Kaitlyn Tripp went 3-for-4 with an RBI and two runs scored for the Stars.
- Libby Larsen (Menasha, Wis./Menasha) took the loss for the Warriors in the circle, allowing three runs over 2.1 innings.
- Dominican's Michelle Behrens improved to 8-1 after she went the distance and surrendered three runs (two earned) on seven hits.
- WLC was limited to just three hits in the second game, coming off the bats of three different players. The Stars, who tallied 11 hits, were led at the plate by Marissa Burns' four RBI performance on 2-for-3 hitting.
- Schmidt suffered the loss after allowing seven runs on seven hits in 2.0 innings of work.
- Sarah Slouber worked the first 3.0 innings to pickup the win for DU. She fanned four while allowing two runs on just three hits
- Wisconsin Lutheran hosts Concordia Chicago (4-13, 3-3 NACC) Monday in a 2 p.m. NACC doubleheader at The Rock Sports Complex in Franklin.