Posted: Mar 30, 2015
MILWAUKEE - The Wisconsin Lutheran College softball team dropped a pair of NACC contests Monday afternoon to Alverno, falling 9-2 in game one and 4-1 in game two at Alverno Field.
- Final Scores: Alverno 9, Wisconsin Lutheran 2; Alverno 4, Wisconsin Lutheran 1
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (6-9, 1-3 NACC), Alverno (10-6, 2-2 NACC)
- Location: Alverno Field, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 25
GAME 1 HIGHLIGHTS
- Alverno pushed across a run in the first and two in the second, before Alicia Barbian (Waterford, Wis./Waterford) homered to left field to cut the deficit to 3-1.
- The Inferno tacked on two more in the fourth with a walk and a fielder's choice.
- In the sixth, Alverno scored four times on three hits, using two walks, a hit by pitch, and an RBI single to right.
- In the bottom of the frame, Barbian singled to right center to score Brittany Koss (Lake in the Hills, Ill./Huntley) for WLC's final run of the game.
- Wisconsin Lutheran was limited to just five hits in the contest and was hampered by three fielding errors, while the Inferno finished with 11 hits.
GAME 2 HIGHLIGHTS
- The Warriors struck first in the bottom of the second on an RBI single by Emily Held (Burlington, Wis./Shoreland Lutheran) that plated Barbian.
- The game remained scoreless until the top of the seventh when Alverno plated four runs on four hits, highlighted by Sarah Brumett's two-RBI triple down the right field line.
- Three of the Inferno's runs in the frame were unearned. WLC did manage seven hits in the contest, but also committed four errors.
- The Warriors were held to just five hits in the opener, with Barbian leading the way with a 3-for-3 performance and two RBI.
- Sadie Schmidt (Kenosha, Wis./Tremper) was handed the loss after allowing four earned runs on 11 hits in 5.2 innings.
- Five Inferno players contributed two hits in the contest. Kristin Holub provided three RBI to lead Alverno.
- Erin Dulek picked up the win in the circle after tossing 7.0 innings and allowing two earned runs and striking out 12.
- Dayan Gacgacao (Chicago, Ill./Whitney Young) and Held had two hits apiece with Held picking up the only RBI for the Warriors in game two.
- Libby Larsen (Menasha, Wis./Menasha) suffered the loss in 6.2 innings of work, allowing an earned run on 10 hits.
- Olivia Schneider earned the win for the Inferno, scattering seven hits and allowing one run over 7.0 innings and notching five strikeouts. Schneider also went 3-for-4 at the plate and Brumett led the way with two RBI.
- Wisconsin Lutheran will be back in action Saturday for a 12 p.m. NACC doubleheader at Dominican (15-3, 4-0 NACC) in Forest Park, Ill. Live stats for both games will be available at wlcsports.com.