CAPE CORAL, Fla. – Olivet's (Mich.) Ashlynn Grubb allowed only two hits and struckout 10 as the Comets handed the Wisconsin Lutheran College softball team a 3-0 defeat Thursday morning at the Cape Coral Sports Complex. The Warriors' second scheduled game for the day against Eastern Nazarene (Mass.) was cancelled.
- Final Score: Olivet 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (3-4), Olivet (8-3)
- Location: Cape Coral Sports Complex, Cape Coral, Fla. | Attendance: 100
- The Warriors and Comets remained deadlocked in a scoreless tie until the top of the fourth when Olivet broke through for two runs. An RBI single and walk followed each other both with the bases loaded as OC went ahead 2-0.
- A two-out single with two runners on in the seventh was good for the Comets' final run of the game.
- Brittany Koss (Lake in the Hills, Ill./Huntley) and Niki Cottini (Plainfield, Ill./North) each supplied a hit for the Warriors.
- Sadie Schmidt (Kenosha, Wis./Tremper) gave up just three runs on eight hits over 7.0 innings to suffer the tough loss. She struckout three and walked four.
- Olivet did not allow a WLC base runner to reach scoring position.
- Grubb and Larissa Ludwick added two hits each for the Comets, who received RBIs from three different players.
- Grubb gave up just two hits over 7.0 innings, walking none and fanning 10 to move to 5-1 on the season in the circle.
- The Comets stranded nine runners on base, while the Warriors left one.
- The Warriors wrap up their spring break trip at the Gene Cusic Collegiate Classic tomorrow when they face Bethany Lutheran (Minn.) and Suffolk (Mass.). The contests versus the Vikings (2-4) and Rams (2-4) are set for 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. CST in Cape Coral, Fla.